neděle 10. června 2012

Song of spirits and omens: Game of swords - part 1


It was dark in the room except for one lone torch lighting the whole chamber across the room. He sighed. Of course, it was dark, he was in the old underground palace. Again. The absence of sun in the underground was very depressing and the pain in his back didn’t help at all. Slowly as to not strain his back too much, he sat in his bed. He almost opened his mouth to call for his personal servant, when he remembered that he left him. Anger filled him at once. Only few days ago, he was scarcely humiliated. He was betrayed by his own right hand man, his butt was kicked by a Cat, no, a kitty, and, to top it all, the stupid Thundercats stole his race’s greatest treasure. Furiously, he hit the stone wall next to him with his fist and then cursed, because no matter how enraged any rat is a stone is always harder.

Later that day he was heading to the old throne room where his father used to give orders and him as well before the throne hall in mine Plundarr was built. And again he felt the desperate need to blow up that brat, who calls himself a king, with the Rat’s eye and to strangle to death that treacherous cockroach named Mordax. Alas he will have to wait for that to happen.

On the way to the throne room he heard voices coming from the direction he was heading. “I wish to speak with the king,” said an unknown voice. The other speaker, probably guards, stayed unfazed: “You have to wait. The king hasn’t come yet.” Soon he saw the first speaker. It was an unknown rat talking to the guards. It was an unusual sight to see a commoner at this hour in Ratar-O’s palace because ordinary people with complains would come later. This newcomer was tall, but shorter than him, lean rat with a crooked snout as if it was broken several times in a brawl. “The king has already arrived,” claimed Ratar-O and the other three rodents bowed down their heads. “Well, what do you want?” Asked Ratar-O the stranger when he deemed that the formalities took long enough. “My name is Fangus and I would like to serve you, sir,” after finishing his request Fangus bowed again.

The bigger rat measured him before spoke again: “To serve me? And what kind of service did you head in mind? Do you want to cook for me? Or clean the floors of the palace many rooms? Make your mind because this is not a place for indecisive simpletons,” teased Ratar-O his subject.

The smaller rodent kept cool head and answered with carefully chosen words: “If I may be so bold I want to become your personal servant. I recently heard you may be in need of one and I swear you I would follow your every order.” Fangus noticed that the larger rat man frowned and narrowed his eyes and for a while he wondered if he didn’t overdo it.

“The rumors spread quickly I see,” said Ratar-O and a grow crawled into his voice, “Do you have any experiences with such a type of service?” Fangus mentally sighed relieved that he didn’t made his king furious and hurried with the answer: “I worked years for one very rich merchant in Lettucetown so I get the idea how big institutions work. But I wanted to pay my tributes to all the people working hard for the kingdom so I decided to join them.” Of course he didn’t say that his previous master was the lord of thieves, smugglers and pimps.

Ratar-O chuckled: “Enough rambling. So you have some experiences. Good for you because we are facing hard times.”

“I understand clearly, sir. I will follow you to the hell and back if you tell me to do it,” said Fangus maybe a tad bit more eagerly than necessarily needed.

The bigger rat frowned again: “Be careful. It may happen sooner than you think.”

Notes: Sadly I don’t own ThunderCats but it sure is one damn awesome intellectual property. I’m Storycollector and apart of writing my original stories sometimes I feel a strong urge to write a fanfiction. But unlike my own stories I find writing fan fictions even harder because I of the difficulty to fuse one’s own creativity with other person’s ideas.
This story is from the fandom Thundercats 2011 aka New series and it focuses on the villain Ratar-O.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat